They say that moving is one of the most stressful things anyone can endure, so it’s likely then that you’ll forget to pack a few essentials.
What you don’t want to overlook however, are the basic cleaning items that every house needs. Because, let’s face it, you’re going to want to clean as soon as you move in.
To help make sure you have all the cleaning items you need packed and ready to move, we’ve put together a checklist:
- All surface cleaner – Perfect for tackling everything from the grimy worktops to the coffee table. There are loads of brands out there, and you can even make your own using one teaspoon of dish soap and one litre of water.
- Baking soda – Baking soda has so many uses when it comes to cleaning. It’s a deodorizer and can make a great companion for cleaning solutions; tackling things like grease, soap scum, and scuff marks.
- Daily shower cleaner – No one likes scrubbing the shower down after every use, so pack one of these in your luggage to make your mornings easier.
- Paper towels – The most useful cleaning tools in your kitchen are your paper towels. From wine stains to wet hands, they’re always there!
- Microfiber cloths – These are great for wiping down surfaces that have built up a little too much dust in your new house or apartment. They’re inexpensive too, so stock up.
- Dust pan and brush – On moving day, you’re going to break something. Make sure you have something to clean up the smashed vase with and pack a dust pan and brush.
- Toilet brush – Unless you want to stick with an old, used toilet brush…
- Window cleaner – Give your windows a wipe down when you move in with a quality window cleaner.
- Bleach – It’s important you give the bathroom a good going over when you move in to make sure there are no germs left over.
- Our number – Cleaning a new apartment or house yourself can be time consuming. Why not let us do it for you? You can call today and we’ll arrange a time most convenient.